Environment: Python 3.8
Key technique: for, in
Given an array of strings
patterns and a string
word, return the number of strings in
patterns that exist as a substring in
A substring is a contiguous sequence of characters within a string.
Input: patterns = ["a","abc","bc","d"], word = "abc"
- "a" appears as a substring in "abc".
- "abc" appears as a substring in "abc".
- "bc" appears as a substring in "abc".
- "d" does not appear as a substring in "abc".
3 of the strings in patterns appear as a substring in word.
- Check patterns is in word.
- If yes, ans=ans+1
- return ans
def numOfStrings(self, patterns, word):
for i in patterns:
if i in word: